Saturday, May 1, 2010

Standby time of iPhone, Docking the N1 midday.

I learned this last week that the stand-by battery life of my iPhone is something south of 4 days. I charged it Sunday night and it wouldn't power up on Thursday -- the next time I took it out of my laptop bag because I needed a phone number.

I also learned this week that if I set my N1 in the car dock when I drive to lunch, I end up with more than 50% charge at the end of a long day.

I only make these point because there is so much attention paid in the great Flash debate to battery life and all that. Seemingly small alterations to your routine, like getting a hands-free car dock, can make all the difference in the world to how you perceive battery life. While the engineers argue over ever last theoretical CPU cycle, out in the real world, some simple things we probably should do anyway can make the battery question mostly moot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do us all a favor when commenting... First, let us know if you have used an iPhone, any Android phone, and/or the Nexus One.

Thanks!
-Brad.